Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Who I Am

Have you ever found yourself asking yourself the question 'Who am I?' after a life "adjustment"?  A change occurred and you are not aware of who you or what you are capable of accomplishing? How do you describe and define yourself? By your role as a mother (wife), father (husband), an occupation, your interests? I am a mother, yes a proud mother of four but you know as I think about it, that is about 5% of who I am. The "title" of mother doesn't totally define me.

When do we become to "know" who we are or what makes us happy? I am 60 lbs overweight and found myself describing myself as obese, overweight, unattractive, you know the negative labels attached to low self-esteem. I was so focus on my weight I "forgot" my other attributes. I lost sight of why people enjoyed being around me. I "forgot" my talents and other abilities, one of which has helped my son create his first t-shirt prototype. I "forgot" my happiness. I "forgot" me. Well today I am rediscovering.... Who I Am.

After you read the following poem... my question to you....Who Are You?

WHO I AM (by Toni)

I am intelligent, practical, creative, and a very generous person
Intentions always purely genuine and altruistic
Not concerned with financial matters, but do prize forthrightness, ethics, and things that hold REAL value
Not surrounded by pretentious people, or tangible objects with little substance
One who values quality...not quantity, outspoken, and opinionated yet still the funniest person you’d ever meet.
Love to be surrounded by people who make me laugh yet at times can be very careful and deep.
I possess an energy that creates enticing comfort
With eyes that seemingly pierce deep inside a soul.
Be bold and direct and tell me how you feel.
I possess an old-fashioned reserved nature
I am soft, romantic, genuine, compassionate, sweet, and very affectionate
Feminine, sexy, outspoken, and reserved
The epitome of what every classy lady should be
Domesticated and traditional, but no one's doormat
Genuinely warm-hearted who desire the best for the people around
Demonstrative, but shy, so you’ll have to be the aggressor
Prefer simpler things that have a meaningful impact
Verbalize your tokens of affection
Tell me how you feel about me
A woman I am Toni.
A woman like a teabag
Only in hot water do you realize how strong I am.

Find yourself. Find your happiness. Until next time...STILLNESS and SERENITY



No comments:

Post a Comment