Monday, April 18, 2011

30 Day Challenge...or Adventure

Hi again. Wasn't sure if I was going to do this but I woke up this morning and said what the heck...it can only make me happier. So here it is. In 30 days I'll turn 43. Not that 43 is alarming but it's a wakeup call for me to start accomplishing my dreams and goals while I'm still able. Anyway, one overall goal I would like to accomplish is to lose weight while gaining strength. I have a 4 year old I need to keep up with. Today is the 30 day mark for me to set and accomplish that goal. Why today? Couldn't give a solid, honest, or realistic answer so I couldn't escape through dawdling.

So as my grandmother's repeated suggestion and the popular Nike phrase, I'm just going to Just Do IT. Today starts a 30-day weight loss adventure. I say adventure because every day will allure new, unexpected events or challenges. My goal is to realistically lose 10-15 pounds in 30 days through exercise and proper, healthy eating. Now I'm not saying I won't have my cheat days. I LOVE chocolate! But in moderation I can have my chocolate and still lose the 10-15 pounds. I'm not expecting miracles. What I am expecting is to discover something about me... that in 30 days I possess the attributes of willpower and determination to achieve any goal. The bonus is the weight loss. In 30 days I will salute my capability to overcome frustration positively. In 30 days I will recognize my skill to see failure as an opportunity to readjust or alter instead of giving up. What the heck? 30 days to partake in an adventure. Why not? In 30 days...ready to discover something new...

Until next time....STILLNESS and SERENITY

No comments:

Post a Comment